Long Beach, California
Job ID 2022465
For this position we are seeking a supervisor to support our Medicaid Pediatric Case Management team. Case Management, pediatric, and leadership experience is needed. Excellent computer multi-tasking skills and good productivity is essential for this fast-paced role. Good analytical thought process is important to be successful in this role.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday thru Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM PST (Occasional Weekend) – will travel 2 times a year for leadership meetings.
This is a Remote position, home office with internet connectivity of high speed required.
Preferred Location is California
If Licensed professional must be licensed in the State of CA
Molina Healthcare Services (HCS) works with members, providers and multidisciplinary team members to assess, facilitate, plan and coordinate an integrated delivery of care across the continuum, including behavioral health and long-term care, for members with high need potential. HCS staff work to ensure that patients progress toward desired outcomes with quality care that is medically appropriate and cost-effective based on the severity of illness and the site of service.
Oversees an integrated Care Management team responsible for case management, community connectors, health management, and/or transition of care activities to assist Molina Healthcare members with their healthcare needs. Care Management staff work to help members achieve optimal clinical, financial and quality of life outcomes, including safely and effectively transitioning Molina members from acute or inpatient care to lower levels of care and/or home in a cost-efficient manner.
- Functions as a hands-on supervisor, providing direction and guidance to the care management team to ensure implementation of activities that align with the model of care and that meet regulatory requirements.
- Manages staff caseloads and assigns cases appropriately regarding complexity of medical or psychosocial needs and case manager experience (RN, LSW, other allied fields).
- Oversees the staff use of the electronic case management documentation system in compliance with standard Molina processes, standard documentation styles, and HIPAA. Arranges training as needed.
- Manages, coaches and evaluates the performance of team members; provides employee development and recognition; and assists with selection, orientation and mentoring of new staff.
- Promotes multidisciplinary collaboration, provider outreach, and engagement of family and caregivers to enhance the continuity of care for Molina members. Oversees and/or participates in Interdisciplinary Care Team meetings.
- Works with the Manager to ensure adequate staffing and service levels and maintains customer satisfaction by implementing and monitoring staff productivity and performance indicators.
- Audits case management assessments and care plan development for completeness and timeliness according to state requirements.
- Monitors onsite hospital discharge visits and post-discharge visits to assure continuity of care and prevent unnecessary readmissions.
- May monitor the completeness of the Transition of Care (ToC) assessment and the timeframes for contact are per ToC protocols.
- Registered Nurse or equivalent combination of Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with experience in lieu of RN license.
- OR Bachelor’s or master’s degree in gerontology, public health, or social work with related case management experience.
3 or more years in case management, disease management, managed care or medical or behavioral health settings.
Required License, Certification, Association
If licensed, license must be active, unrestricted and in good standing.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Nursing,
More than five years Case Management experience. Medicaid/Medicare Population experience with increasing responsibility.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
Certified Case Manager (CCM), Certified Professional in Healthcare Management Certification (CPHM), Certified Professional in Health Care Quality (CPHQ), or other healthcare or management certification.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Pay Range: 66,456.00 to 125,590.00 yearly*
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
Molina Healthcare is a nationwide fortune 500 organization with a mission to provide quality healthcare to people receiving government assistance. If you are seeking a meaningful opportunity in a team-oriented environment, come be a part of a highly engaged workforce dedicated to our mission. Bring your passion and talents and together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full TimePosting Date: 09/15/2023
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia