Requisition Number: 2179752
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Memphis, TN
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are an addition to the call center clinical team, working alongside the call center APCs (advanced practice clinicians) supporting patients with acute changes in condition as well as assisting with various administrative requests when appropriate. As part of the Landmark First clinical team they will be available 24/7, practicing to the full scope of the RN license. The Triage Nurse is responsible for assessing the needs of the caller and determining the next steps in patient care. Additional responsibilities may include support of patient outreach and engagement, patient scheduling and other administrative functions.
The ideal candidate must learn new software systems, be efficient about collecting information from callers, follow guided protocols from the system, and write correct details about the encounter.
As part of the team, the Triage Nurse plays a critical role in patient care, by being available daytime, overnight, weekends, and holidays to address any patient concerns.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides clinical assessment and intervention utilizing the nursing process
- Provides support and collaboration with Landmark staff to ensure favorable patient outcomes
- Documents interactions with patients, families, contacts, and vendors in the patient record to include the assessment, plan of care, any actions and interventions and the resolution of each patient/family interaction
- Participates in the orientation of new team members as assigned by the supervising manager
- Attends regularly scheduled in-services, staff meetings, and educational conferences
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives and reviews with supervising manager monthly
- Promotes a customer service-oriented approach to care delivery
- Supports and promotes all Landmark cultural platforms
- Compliance with all departmental standards, policies, and procedures with training and education, management of the workload, disaster planning, attendance, adherence, and quality standards
- Awake, alert, expected to be on the phone
- Triage clinical calls and email requests
- Warm handoff to advanced clinicians or physicians when appropriate
- Handoff to market counterparts as needed
- Schedule urgent visits with Urgentivist extenders
- Request urgent visits
- RN appropriate patient management including medication reviews and updates, medication questions, plan of care reviews, immunization questions
- Patient follow up lab and diagnostic center calls and emails
- Collaborate with LM1 APCs, On call providers, longitudinal care team and community providers when appropriate
- Document and communicate in real time
- Review charting software dashboard daily (close notes)
- Follow up on communications
- demographic chart updates
- Cancel and confirm patient appointments
- Business and Optum specific training requirements
- 1:1s with supervisor
- Monthly meetings/quiz
- Maintain licensure, credentialing
- Obtain required CEs to maintain licensure
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred residence in a compact state, and licensure in compact states within 6 months
- Ability to obtain licensure for non-compact states within 6 months
- Pre-existing licensure with 2+ states (with no current/pending restrictions)
- ER, urgent care or ICU experience required; preferred within the past 1 – 2 years
- Thorough knowledge of professional nursing principles, nursing diagnosis, methods, and procedures; anatomy and physiology; medical supplies and equipment used in nursing practice; and the uses and effects of medications and narcotics
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to nursing and the scope of practice limitations of clinic support staff
- Proficient computer skills, able to troubleshoot, adapt, use multiple applications simultaneously, set up hardware independently
- Proficient in telephone techniques including phone etiquette, interoffice, email, chat etiquette, and properly handling diverse calls
- Proven excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as demonstrated effective telephone skills
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Proven teaching ability, as patients may require instruction for self-care and/or symptom management
- Proven ability to remain calm in high-stress situations
- Proven ability to work weekends and holidays as required to support the operations team.
- Proven critical thinking, crisis intervention, and superior verbal communication skills are essential
- Proven multi-tasker, and accurately type a preferred 60+ WPM
- HIPAA compliant workspace can meet requirement to be hardwired and at designated workstation for entire shift
- High-speed internet connection
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia