LA – Work from home
Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
Help us elevate our member care to a whole new level! Join our Aetna Team as an industry leader in serving dual eligible populations by utilizing best-in-class operating and clinical models. You can have life-changing impact on our Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) members, who are enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid and present with a wide range of complex health and social challenges. With compassionate attention and excellent communication, we collaborate with members, providers, and community organizations to address the full continuum of our members’ health care and social determinant needs. Join us in this exciting opportunity as we grow and expand D-SNP to change lives in new markets across the country.
The Transition of Care Coach is responsible for care coordination of our members who are experiencing a significant change in health status which has resulted in the necessity of an emergency department visit, inpatient, skilled nursing, or rehabilitative stay. The TOC Coach ensures the member experiences a seamless transition to their next care setting and facilitates post-discharge goal attainment by:
- Complete post-discharge questionnaire, which may be market specific.
- Providing comprehensive discharge planning
- Ensures the member has filled/received their medication(s) and has an understanding on how to take their ordered medications.
- Benefit education
- Provides clinical assistance to determine appropriate services and supports due to member’s health needs (including but not limited to: Prior Authorizations, Coordination with PCP and Specialty providers, Condition Management information and education, Medication management, Community Resources and supports)
- Evaluation of health and social indicators
- Identifies and engages barriers to achieving optimal member health.
- Uses discretion to apply strategies to reduce member risk.
- Presents cases at case conferences for multidisciplinary focus to benefit overall member management.
- Facilitates overall care coordination with the care team to ensure member achieves optimal wellness within the confines of the member’s condition(s) and abilities to self-manage.
- Coordinates post-discharge meal delivery, assists with securing DME, and helps to ensure timely physician follow-up.
- Understands Payer/Plan benefits, policies, procedures, and can articulate them effectively to providers, members, and other key personnel.
- Updates the Care Plan for any change in condition or behavioral health status.
Our TOC Coaches are frontline advocates for members who cannot advocate for themselves. The TOC team will review prior claims to address potential impact on current case management and eligibility status. Assessments and/or questionnaires are designed to use a holistic approach to identify the need for a referral to clinical resources for assistance in functionality.
Responsible for completing outreach cadence calls and post-discharge questionnaires within required compliance driven timelines.
Utilizes weekly and daily reporting to identify utilization for the purpose of reducing Emergency Department Utilization and 30-day hospital readmissions.
Follows members identified as inpatient in hospitals (whether planned or unplanned admission) and then throughout the subsequent care continuum until member can return to prior level of functioning in the community.
Facilitates Interdisciplinary Care Team Meetings with Social Services, Care Management, PCP and other key players to discuss service needs and support safe transitions.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years LPN nursing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years LPN nursing experience
- Self-motivated, energetic, detail-oriented, highly organized, tech-savvy Licensed Practical Nurses
- Discharge planning experience
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and effectively adapt to a fast-paced changing environment while providing outstanding care.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual a plus!
Required: H.S. or Equivalent – MUST be an LPN
Preferred: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree
The typical pay range for this role is:
$20.34 – $43.77
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Remote nursing jobs delivered to your inbox once a week
Find your unicorn remote job
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!