Requisition Number: 2207068
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Tampa, FL
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
Must be located in the North Tampa Market, you will enjoy the flexibility of a Hybrid role, doing Urgent Home Visits with some calls and admin work from the Home Office.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
In this role you will have the ability to work Monday – Friday, during the associated 8 hour shift spanning 10:00am to 7:00pm EST
This role primarily provides medical care and management to patients served by the Homebased Medical Care program who request urgent visits to the interdisciplinary team (IDT). This position also participates in new patient engagement facilitation, post-discharge visits, and other visits as needed for gathering information as part of the IDT. Dedicated to improving the health and well-being of patients, this position collaborates with the patient’s longitudinal provider and/or the PCP as needed to discuss immediate and ongoing patient care needs.
If you are located within a 60 minute radius of North Tampa, FL, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Practices in accordance with the respective state laws and regulations governing the practice of registered nurses
- Responds to urgent / unscheduled patient needs with the purpose of assessing acuity of illness and preventing hospitalization through interventions delivered in the home when medically indicated and desired by patient
- During the visit, promptly communicates with the longitudinal provider and/or pod leader to discuss patient assessment and receive/document/implement orders received
- Comfortable with basic procedures of nursing care, including IV placement, blood draws, injections, foley catheters, nasal packing, wound care, etc. Performed per the supervising HbMC provider’s direction, in all cases
- Completes the required documentation in a timely manner (goal: during or immediately after the visit) allowing the care team access to the care provided and a note to be generated for co- signature
- Competency in care for core chronic disease condition of internal medicine and their respective exacerbations (e.g. COPD, Heart Failure, Diabetes, Kidney Disease, Wounds, Infections, etc.)
- Communicates to and participates in discussions with the on-call and other team patients regarding urgent call matters that may require close patient follow-up or alteration of the care plan
- Completes follow-up and post-hospital assessments according to documented standard operating procedures
- Implements appropriate diagnostics and completes interventions received via verbal order from providers as appropriate, to avoid unnecessary acute admissions
- Works with the medical leadership to develop quality improvement programs and provides feedback regarding needed equipment and training to ensure maximum value to the RN Urgentivist position
- Educates patients and/or their caregivers in disease processes and ways to manage them effectively
- Keeps current on relevant medical and nursing research, technology, and related issues by attending continuing education courses, professional meetings and journal reviews
- Perform related duties as necessary and other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current/unrestricted RN license in the state of Florida
- 2+ years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Proven ability to meet with patients in their homes for urgent visits (at times, during inclement weather)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work the required hours of Monday – Friday: 10:00am to 7:00pm ET
- Distraction-free space in home for home office
- Access to install secure high-speed internet via fiber optic/cable/DSL in home
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Willing or ability to travel up to a 60 minute radius from North Tampa, FL
- Experience in home health, geriatrics, ICU/ED, urgent care and palliative care
- Video conferencing experience
- Proven knowledge of inpatient, skilled nursing, community resources and cost-effective alternatives regarding patient care delivery systems
- Proven knowledge of clinical standards of care, awareness about CMS guidelines, and Medicare contracts and benefit systems
- Proven competency in care for core chronic disease condition of internal medicine and their respective exacerbations (e.g. COPD, Heart Failure, Diabetes, Kidney Disease, Wounds, Infections, etc.)
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Remote nursing jobs delivered to your inbox once a week
Find your unicorn remote job
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!