Requisition Number: 2210055
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: Greenville, SC
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our HouseCalls product, we provide annual clinical assessments to patients in the comfort of their homes. This important preventive care helps identify and reduce health risks for patients, in addition to coordinating appropriate follow-up care to improve health and well-being.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
In this role you will have the ability to achieve work life balance. Flexible scheduling offered where providers can flex their time over the 7-day work week. No on-call, no weekends and no holidays required.
If you are located in Greenville, SC and willing to travel from home for a 60 minute radius, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- General: Responds to urgent / unscheduled patient needs with the purpose of assessing acuity of illness and preventing hospitalization through interventions delivered in the home when medically indicated and desired by patient. Practices and holds an active unrestricted license in accordance with the respective state laws and regulations governing the practice of registered nurses
- Collect Patient Information: Vital signs, physical exam, point of care testing (E.g. – glucose levels), Labs (blood/urine), medication compliance and reconciliation, adherence to discharge instructions, etc.
- Patient treatment and procedures: Skilled at phlebotomy and IV placement and therapy, Catheter care and replacement. Administering nebulizer treatments, and teaching proper protocol, wound care, medication administration (IV, PO), EKG (2 lead), nasal packing, etc. Treatment directives are only per the supervising Landmark Provider’s direction. Experience in rapid evaluation and treat setting preferred
- Patient education: Common chronic conditions and education topics include congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, hypertension, fall risk assessment, overall health literacy per the direction of the Landmark Provider
- Landmark Provider collaboration: Skilled at concise and articulate communication to remotely discuss evaluation and treatment with supervising Landmark Provider. This collaboration will occur during every patient visit
- Care coordination: Communicates with care team regarding that may require close patient follow-up or alteration of the care plan
- Schedule follow-up telephonic or in-home interactions as needed
- Documentation: Completes the required documentation in a timely manner (goal: during or immediately after the visit) allowing the care team access to the care provided and a note to be generated for co- signature
- Other: Any other duties as assigned within scope of practice
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current/unrestricted RN license in the state of South Carolina
- CPR certified
- 2+ years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Teams/Word/Excel/Outlook/etc.) applications
- Comfort using windows-based laptop and Apple based cell phone
- Proven ability to meet with patients in their homes for urgent visits (at scheduled times, during inclement weather)
- Proven ability to work Monday – Friday, during the associated 8 hour shift spanning 9:00am to 7:00pm EST
- Distraction-free, private workspace (HIPAA appropriate) in home for home office
- Access to secure high-speed internet in home
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Willing or ability to travel up to 60 minutes from home
- Experience in home health, geriatrics, ICU/ED, urgent care and palliative care
- Knowledge of inpatient, skilled nursing, community resources and cost-effective alternatives regarding patient care delivery systems, clinical standards of care
- Basic to moderate ability to trouble shoot technology issues while on the road/remote
- Competency in care for core chronic disease condition of internal medicine and their respective exacerbations (e.g. COPD, Heart Failure, Diabetes, Kidney Disease, Wounds, Infections, etc.)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Remote nursing jobs delivered to your inbox once a week
Find your unicorn remote job
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!
Join hundreds of nurses getting
weekly alerts with the best jobs!