Location: Cincinnati, OH
Location Type: Cincinnati – Remote
The Utilization Management Nurse 2 utilizes clinical nursing skills to support the coordination, documentation and communication of medical services and/or benefit administration determinations. The Utilization Management Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
How we Value You
Benefits starting day 1 of employment
Competitive 401k match
Generous Paid Time Off accrual
Go365 perks for well-being
The Utilization Management Nurse 2:
- Uses clinical knowledge, communication skills, and independent critical thinking skills towards interpreting criteria, policies, and procedures to provide the best and most appropriate treatment, care or services for members
- Coordinates and communicates with providers, members, or other parties to facilitate optimal care and treatment
- Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas
- Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed
- Follows established guidelines/procedures
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with no disciplinary action
- 3 – 5 years of Medical Surgery, Heart, Lung or Critical Care Nursing experience required
- Previous experience in utilization management required
- Prior clinical experience preferably in an acute care, skilled or rehabilitation clinical setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana/Senior Bridge’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Bachelor’s degree
- Health Plan experience
- Previous Medicare/Medicaid Experience a plus
- Call center or triage experience
- Bilingual is a plus
Your growth is what drives Humana forward.
- When you get here, the journey is just beginning.
- Our leaders are committed to understanding what you need to grow
- Because we don’t grow without you
- This is a place where our nurses influence the C-suite
- Where software engineers change lives
- Where every associate can build a professional path where they learn and thrive
- Through our commitments to wellbeing and work-life balance, we support each associate’s personal health, purpose, work style, sense of belonging, and security
- Because finding new ways to put health first—for our members and patients and our associates alike—is what we do
Work at Home Guidance
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia