Requisition Number: 2188169
Job Category: Nursing
Primary Location: San Diego, CA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Positions in this family require a current, unrestricted nursing license (i.e. RN, LPN, LVN) in the applicable state, as indicated in the function description and/or job title.
Positions in this function require various nurse licensure and certification based on role and grade level. Licensure includes RN or LPN/LVN, depending on grade level, with current unrestricted licensure in applicable state. LPN/LVN roles work under the direct supervision of an RN or MD. Function is responsible for utilization management which includes Concurrent Review (on-site or telephonic Inpatient Care Management). Performs reviews of current inpatient services. Determines medical appropriateness of inpatient and outpatient services following evaluation of medical guidelines and benefit determination.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
General Job Profile:
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coaches, provides feedback, and guides others
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Current, unrestricted RN license in CA
- 3+ years of care management, utilization review, or discharge planning
- HMO experience
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia