Primary Location Lanham-Seabrook, Maryland
Job Number 1195006
The Utilization Review RN is responsible for utilization review, discharge planning and transitions in care, in collaboration with MAPMG rounder in acute or alternative settings of care.
- Utilization Review. According to department policy, procedure and protocols, consistently apply and verbally communicate approved utilization review criteria and guidelines for services delivered in acute or alternative care settings.
- Eligibility and Benefit Verification. Confirm eligibility status and ensure the appropriate administration of benefits in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assessing Right Venue of Care with Hospitalist. Collaboration with Hospitalist to assess the appropriate level of care for patients (i.e., Medical Unit, Surgical Unit, Tele Unit, TCU, ICU) and post- (Home, Continuum or Community-based Services) hospitalization.
- Coordination of Care. Driving patient care plan through assuring daily plan is executed, and management of transitions and post-hospital care.
- Effective Discharge Planning. Prompt, clinically appropriate discharge planning beginning at time of admission.
- Variance Management. Timely steps in identification of delays in throughput, escalation to correct delays, and recording delays to identify patterns and trends that will require corrective actions.
- Quality Screening. Demonstrate competency to assess all aspects of care across the continuum for variations from quality and utilization standards.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as an RN in an acute care setting.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire AND Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support
- Annually: Successful completion of PCC Assessment of Critical Skills. Passing score on inter-rater reliability.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to conform to established policies and procedures.
- Ability to analytically problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to tolerate and cope with ambiguity
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly present information through the written word, to influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances, and to listen well.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, legibly, and effectively, to present ideas and document activities, to read and interpret written information.
- Recent acute care, case management, or home health experience preferred.
- B.S.N. preferred.
Primary Location: Maryland,Lanham,Doctors Community Hospital 8200 Good Luck Rd..
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: M38|UFCW|Local 400
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Doctors Community Hospital – UR-Discharge Planning – 1808
Pay Range: $43.67 – $48.93 / hour
The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted.
Search by License
Search Jobs by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia